Translate

Search This Blog

Friday 12 June 2009

Pomes on R3


I have always thought that the best poets are the ones who achieve fame posthumously, and preferably a couple of centuries posthumously, and after weeks amd weeks of having self-indulgent, formless twaddle forced on us by the people who make decisions about what we are going to listen to on Radio 3, I was just about to hand in my radio licence and ask for a refund when I heard a pome this morning that set me off chuckling, and then admiring. You'll have to do a Listen Again (you have seven days...), but this poem is worth hearing - it's about words, and cliches, and it is most beautifully crafted, and the woman who wrote it is a voice to listen out for.

And (22/6/09) you missed it, didn't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Favoured Blogs List

Followers